Looking for the Best Sunscreen in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years.
Good skin is a reflection of a healthy body. Of all the vital organs, the skin is one of the most prominent ones. This outer layer is a protective barrier for underlying cells.
To keep it healthy and glowing, make sure you treat it well.
Following a proper skincare regime is a must. In addition, you also need to choose quality products for your skin.
It acts like a shield that protects the skin from sun damage and premature aging. It also helps to prevent skin cancer.
All types of skin benefit from this layer of sun protection. Applying it to exposed skin keeps your skin protected and young. The market is flooded with many sunscreen brands.
To make it easier for you to choose quality products, we’ve analyzed some products that suit your requirements and have listed them in this article. Do not forget to check out our comprehensive buyer's guide at the end of this article.
Choosing the best sunscreen lotion in India for your skin type is slightly tricky. If you do an online search for the best sunscreens, you will find plenty of products.
But, what should you look for in the best sunscreen creams? Making an informed choice can help you to select the right product.
Before selecting best sun protection cream for face you need to keep in mind certain things. Take a look at the following and you will soon be able to make an informed choice.
We Highly recommend you to read the Sunscreen Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Suncreen technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Sunscreen in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is Lakmé Sun Expert SPF 50 PA Fairness UV Sunscreen Lotion, 100ml but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
1. Lakmé Sun Expert SPF 50 PA Fairness UV Sunscreen Lotion, 100ml
A perfect product for the hot and humid weather conditions in India, Lakmé Sun Expert is an excellent sunscreen.
Its lightweight formula keeps the skin oil-free and you can easily use it every day of the year.
The product is hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested.
This Product is labeled one of the best sunscreen for sensitive skin in India.
This high-performance sunscreen is known to block almost 97% of the sun’s harmful rays and you can now step out with confidence.
- An ideal product for the Indian summer
- Lightweight and non-greasy formula
- It is perfect for all skin types
- The sunscreen is hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested to suit sensitive skin
- Protect skin against sun damage
- Consistency of cream is slightly thick
- May leave a white cast when applied with make-up
Related Post: Best BB Creams in India
2. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock, SPF 40, 100g
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock has the perfect sun protection formulation.
It combines broad-spectrum UV protection and protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
The non-greasy formula gets quickly absorbed and provides a soothing and firming effect on your skin.
This sunblock is tinted and has an exquisite aroma. Its composition is delicate and smooth. Good for your delicate skin as it is light and non-greasy.
It is the best herbal sunscreen in India with all natural ingredients.
It also covers imperfections in your skin and makes it look youthful, vibrant and glowing.
Apply this 3-in-1 matte sunscreen 20 to 30 minutes before stepping out of home for the best results.
- Provides excellent protection against UVA and UVB rays
- It has a light and non-greasy texture
- A great product for all skin types
- Offers a perfect matte-finish look
- A convenient and travel-friendly packaging which is ideal for carrying in your bag
- The matte finish is not effective during hot summers
3. NIVEA Sunscreen Lotion, Sun Protect and Moisture (SPF 50), 75ml
Pamper your skin with Nivea Sunscreen Lotion. Its fast-absorbing formula easily penetrates through the skin and offers advanced protection from sun damage and wrinkles.
Its non-oily formula is perfect for most skin types and it is also a water-resistant product.
Nivea’s Advanced Collagen Protect Formula helps to restore the moisture in our skin and therefore, protects collagen in our skin. It also prevents the signs of aging.
With this sunscreen, you can expect instant protection from the sun’s harmful rays. No more waiting, simply apply it and set off on your journey.
We recommend this product as the best sunscreen for men because of its features.
Take a dollop of lotion on your palm and apply it evenly on the exposed areas for maximum protection.
- A non-greasy and light sunscreen that offers maximum protection
- Advanced Collagen Protect Formula keeps skin’s moisture intact
- Prevents skin against premature aging
- An instant formula which can be applied immediately before stepping out
- Fast absorption allows even penetration
- May not be an ideal product for oily skin during summer
- It is not fragrance-free
4.Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Sunscreen Ultra Soothing Face Lotion, SPF 30+, 120ml
The nourishing formula of Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Sunscreen keeps your skin healthy, fresh and glowing. Its efficient sun-protection formula prevents dark spots and sun tan.
Made with an excellent blend of natural ingredients such as honey, seaweed, and wheat germ, this is an excellent product for your skin.
The lotion is greasy and suitable for dry skin. It hydrates the skin but, feels a little heavy.
You get a smooth skin texture and it protects against free radicals and pollution. The hydrating lotion nourishes and brightens your skin tone.
It has all the natural ingredients which makes it best sunscreen lotion in India.
It has a strong floral scent and gets easily absorbed in your skin..
- An efficient sunscreen lotion with SPF 30+
- Ideal product for dry skin
- It contains natural extracts of wheat germ, seaweed and honey
- Keeps the skin hydrated and nourished
- It has skin brightening properties
- Gives Oily appearance
- Strong scent
5. POND'S Sun Protect Non-Oily Sunscreen SPF 30, 80 g
An amazing product from Pond’s, this non-oily sunscreen is ideal for all skin types.
Men as well as women can use this product and enjoy protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
This dermatologically tested formula also helps to protect the skin from sun damage. Its non-greasy texture is perfectly suited for the hot and humid Indian weather.
Apply this sunscreen 15 to 20 minutes before stepping out of home and confidently fight the UVA and UVB rays of the sun. You can also use it before applying make-up.
If you are sweating too much or have gone swimming, re-apply every 90 minutes to offer maximum protection.
- An ideal sunscreen cream with SPF 30
- It is suitable for all skin types
- It has a non-oily formula
- Dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic cream
- It is an ideal product for men and women
- May leave a white cast on the skin
- Contains paraben which may not be suitable if you are looking for a herbal product
6. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+, 88ml
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is a dermatologist-tested formula that provides best UV protection.
Its oil control properties and other features make your skin look fresh and radiant all day long. Stabilized with Helioplex technology, it makes the sunblock perfect.
It offers balanced broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. It is light on your skin and is also good for sensitive skin.
It has a waterproof, sweatproof formula that stays on even if you are outdoors for long or go swimming.
The sunblock’s excellent formulation also helps to keep your skin soft and smooth.
Neutrogena Ultra sheer is the best sunscreen recommended by dermatologists in India.
Suitable for both men and women, use this product to protect yourself from the menacing effects of the sun’s rays.
- SPF 50+ prevents sunburn
- Makes skin soft and smooth
- Suitable for all skin types
- Oil-free, Water resistant
- Dermatologist tested, Non-comedogenic
- It has a mild and pleasant fragrance
- Bit costly
- Not very moisturizing
7.Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40, PA+++,Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB Oil Free and Dermatologist Tested, 60gms
If you are looking for a dermatologically tested, preservative and chemical additive-free sunscreen, Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel is the best medicated sunscreen in india.
It provides broad spectrum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun and is suitable for all skin types. It also keeps the skin hydrated and prevents tanning.
This gel formula is one of the best sunscreen in Indian market and you can use it without stressing about allergies.
It is considered the best herbal sunscreen in India which makes it so much popular among the users.
The product is also water-resistant, making it ideal for the hot summer months when sweat can completely wipe away the protective layer of sunscreen from our skin
- A broad spectrum sunscreen gel with SPF 40
- Ideal for all skin types
- It is water resistant
- A dermatologically tested product suitable for sensitive skin
- Free from chemical preservatives and additives
- It is slightly expensive
- Requires reapplication several times in a day for effective protection
8. VLCC Matte Look SPF 30 Sun Screen Gel Crème, 100g
VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Gel Crème is an ideal product for all skin types. With broad range protection against UVA and UVB rays, it is a preferred product for many women.
The sunscreen is also paraben free, making it a skin-friendly product. And if you prefer the matte look, trust this sunscreen to provide a perfectly non-greasy effect.
The lightweight gel crème is quickly absorbed in the skin. Enriched with carrot extracts, ceramide iii and saxifraga, it helps to reduce skin tanning and pigmentation.
Regular application of this sunscreen leaves your skin fresh and glowing throughout the day. Its pleasant fragrance is likely to soothe your senses.
- It offers broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays
- A paraben-free product
- It has a lightweight and non-greasy formula
- Prevents tanning and pigmentation
- Very pleasant and mild fragrance
- It is paraben free but contains other chemicals
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
9. L'Oreal Paris UV Perfect Transparent Skin 30ml
L’Oreal Paris UV perfect gives a long lasting optimal protection. It also provides optimal UVB and reinforced UVA protection. The sunscreen also protects skin from free radicals and pollutants.
It is one of the best sunscreen in India now and gives a long lasting optimal protection in a new icy moisturizing texture. It can be used in your daily skin care routine.
The sunscreen is also perfect as a daily moisturizing make up base. The presence of Vitamin E improves your skin’s texture and delays the signs of ageing considerably.
The non-greasy texture is perfectly suitable for Indian weather conditions.
- Vitamin E present in it protect against free radicals
- Delay the signs of ageing
- Retain the skin’s moisture and prevent it from drying
- Protects skin against free radicals and pollutants
- Non greasy/non sticky texture
- High SPF
- An expensive product
- All the ingredients of the product not listed
10. Aroma Magic Cucumber Sun Screen Lotion, SPF 30, 100ml
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen lotion creates a protective barrier between your skin and the sun’s harmful rays.
This light and non-greasy formula is perfect for hot and humid weather conditions. It is an ideal product for men. The lotion contains Vitamin E, C and B5 to nourish your skin.
It also prevents the visible signs of ageing and helps to lighten scars.
Its skin-friendly formula has been enriched with wheatgerm, coconut and soybean oil.
Due to its skin- friendly and Anti-Ageing feature it is the best sunscreen for face in India.
Essential oils such as roman chamomile, myrrh and frankincense add a soothing essence to the lotion.
Apply evenly over exposed skin to maximize protection throughout the day.
- Effective sunscreen with SPF 30
- It is enriched with natural ingredients
- Offers a cool and soothing effect
- Ideal for men’s skin
- It has an ultra-light and non-greasy texture
- Not an ideal solution for oily skin
- Fragrance of essential oils may be disturbing
Buyer's Guide - Best Sunscreen for Men & Women
You’ve probably heard it many times – Apply sunscreen before stepping out of home.
It is actually a great advice to follow, especially in countries like India where the scorching sun offers no respite. The sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays may result in premature ageing and skin damage. It may also be considered a cause of skin cancer.
Therefore, it is always recommended to use an effective sunscreen with SPF 30 or above. Whether you are going to the beach or taking a stroll down the park, you must use a best medicated sunscreen in India.
The Indian market is flooded with sunscreens of all types and forms. While most of us are busy comparing one brand with the other, it is more important to concentrate on its correct usage. But the question remains the same.
Does your sunscreen offer adequate protection? How do you find the best sunscreen for sensitive skin in India?
Most of us believe that a higher SPF range is probably our saviour. But, research suggests that a high sun protection factor or SPF only protects our skin from UV rays or Ultraviolet B (UVB) rays. However, the Ultraviolet A rays or UVA is also equally harmful and may even lead to skin cancer.
These rays do not cause any damage to the outer layer of skin and therefore, you do not notice sunburnt skin. Instead, it penetrates into the skin and results in wrinkles.
Taking this scenario into consideration, which cream do you consider the best sun screen lotion? Obviously, it will be one that offers protection from both UVA and UVB rays. A multi-spectrum or broad spectrum sunscreen is therefore, an ideal choice.
Let’s now take a look at the most important factors that you must consider before buying a Best sunscreen lotion in India.
How to Apply Sunscreen?
It is not enough to apply sunscreen. There is also a correct method of application. About an ounce of sunscreen is adequate for covering all the exposed skin on an adult’s body. Therefore, squeeze a dollop of sunscreen on your palm and evenly spread it on your face, neck, ears, back, hands and legs.
Massage it in a circular motion until it is completely absorbed in your skin. Wait for at least 15 to 30 minutes before stepping out.
Sunblock Vs Sunscreen
There are two types of products available in the market – Sunblock and Sunscreen. You must be wondering that it’s the same. Actually, these two have completely different functions. Sunblocks are made with organic as well as non-organic ingredients that create a physical barrier between the sun’s rays and your skin.
It prevents the harmful UV rays from penetrating your skin. Sunscreens, on the other hand, prevent long-term damage. It can also reverse the harmful effects of UV rays.
If you compare the two, it is better to use a sunscreen when compared with a sunblock.
Tips to Protect Yourself From the Sun
Even if you are applying the sunscreen lotion for face, there are certain factors that must be remembered to ensure maximum protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Here’s what you need to know.
Final Thoughts and Recommendations
We have carefully examined the top 10 sunscreen in India. These are the most reliable products in the market and you can safely use it to provide maximum protection to your skin. Lakme, Lotus, Nivea and Ponds are all renowned brands and you can trust them to keep your skin safe.
After carefully considering the pros and cons of each product, select the best sunscreen for face in India and enjoy its benefits.
- How to Reduce Screen Brightness in Windows 7 (2020) - March 4, 2020
- How to Check Graphics Card in a Laptop (2020) - March 3, 2020
- How to Assemble Air Purifier Membrane in Split AC (2020) - March 2, 2020