Looking for Best Protein Powder in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years.
The first question that hits the mind of every new gym-goers is whether the protein is safe to consume?
Which is the correct protein power and best protein powder for weight gain without side effects? Well, it is exactly what we are going to discuss.
Protein is a nutritional supplement that helps in building muscles, repairing tissues and making enzymes and hormones. Further, with the help of protein, you can tone up the muscle.
For nourishment, protein can be defined as the best method. If you are unable to attain the muscle even after doing your best in the gym then it is right time to select the best protein in India.
Protein powder is essentially required for the muscle growth which comes in the form of whey protein, casein protein, egg protein and soy protein.
Protein helps in the fuller development of lean muscles but the question appears which protein source can be tagged as the best? The type of protein source determines the effectiveness of the result.
For a descriptive buyer's guide you can refer at the end of this article, where all the important factors to be considered before buying, are discussed in detail.
Before purchasing the best protein powder in India certain factors you need to consider:
We Highly recommend you to read the Protein Powder Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Protein Powder technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Protein Powders in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate, 2 kg/4.4 lb (Rich Milk Chocolate) but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
1. MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate, 2 kg/4.4 lb (Rich Milk Chocolate)
MuscleBlaze whey is among the best when it comes to the development of lean muscle mass. With a decent price tag and result oriented it is undoubtedly effective in terms of performance.
It contain 1.65g carbohydrates and 0.46g fat per serving.
It is the best available premium protein that you can rely upon for some serious results.
With 30g of serving, it provides 25g of whey protein isolate.
People recommend this product as the best protein powder for men in India.
Another essential element is the presence of 10.96 g of amino acid that helps in lean muscle gain and maximizes the result.
Not to forget that it provides 5.5g BCAA which is beneficial in terms of muscle gain and synthesis.
Due to its excellent feature, this product is considered one of the best protein powder in India.
- Consists of special digestive enzymes
- Highest protein digestibility corrected amino acid
- Faster recovery and less muscle soreness
- Certified with 150 quality checks
- Heavy stomach after consumption and hence digestion issue might happen
2. AS-IT-IS Nutrition Soy Protein Isolate 90% Designed for Meal Supplementation-1000 gms unflavored Plant-Based Protein (1000 g, unflavored)
The Soy protein from As-it-is is a great pre or post-exercise meal and certainly best protein supplement in India without side effects when it comes to effectiveness.
Each serving provides 27g of protein and is free from any added substance.
The presence of amino and less than 1g of fat gives this protein a major advantage which makes it the best protein powder for men muscle gain.
Being very concentrated it is advisable not to use with water or milk rather can be added to Roti flour, pancakes, muffins, etc to provide a great taste.
Under this price this is one of the best protein powder in India.
- No preservatives and added fillers
- Perfect meal replacement
- Presence of Amino
- Low in fat
- Tasteless and hence difficult to consume
3. Natures Velvet Soy Protein Vegetarian and Natural - 1000 g
It is among the best bodybuilding supplement in India for vegetarians with great performance results.
It comprises excellent Amino Acid that boosts the level of energy for a longer time frame.
It comprises all 3 BCAA ensuring better results. With 27g protein per serving, it aids in muscle growth and leads to massive muscle strength.
Further, soy protein makes other food more effective owing to the presence of amino acids. Simultaneously it reduces the risk of heart disease.
It is specifically beneficial for women as it comprises of phytoestrogen.
As per various studies it is signified that soy can help in removing the symptoms of menopause.
- Provide muscle strength and growth
- Ensure strength of bones
- Best choice for vegetarians
- Contains all 3 BCAA
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Taste is different
4. Profoods Soy Protein Isolate 90% Powder (5 kg)
Soy Protein Isolate 90% comprises of 27g of protein per 100g and fat level that is less than 1g. It is one of the best choices for vegetarians.
Those who are looking forward to enhancing the protein content in their diet can use the soy protein isolate.
The best part is that it is free from any added fillers and preservatives. That is why it is considered as the best protein powder for men's muscle gain.
It contains 258 mg of calcium and 178 mg of sodium per serving. The plus point of using this protein powder is that it is free from Gluten and Sugar.
- Contains less than 1 g of fats
- Free from added preservatives
- Taste is not that good
5. Optimum Nutrition 100% Egg Protein, Vanilla Custard, 2 Pound
With 24 grams of egg white protein and 120 calories, Optimum Nutrition per serving helps in muscle growth.
It provides all the essential amino and less than 1 g of sugar per serving.
ON’s Gold Standard Egg protein provides a massive result as it comprises of 6 eggs large white with half a gram of fat.
Apart from it, On has significantly lowered the fat and cholesterol found in eggs for better result.
With its easy mixability, you can mix it with a glass and spoon, the best time to consume this egg white protein is after your workout, one can consume it as post-workout.
- Clean source of protein
- Mix easily
- Each scoop has the composition of 6 large egg whites
- No Cons
6. SHARRETS NUTRITIONS Egg White Albumen Protein Powder - No Flavor, No Sweetner, No Color (2.202lb) Egg Protein (1000 g, Unflavored)
Sharret nutrition is a unique dietary food that enhances the nutritional needs.
Egg white protein powder contains high-quality protein that comprises of all the essential amino acids needed by the body for the repair of tissue and growth.
It gives 25g protein per serving and it does not contain any Casein MSG or preservatives and hence free from added fillers, Also the this product is Gluten free
It is best for the ones who do not wish to consume dairy products.
Sharret egg protein powder is easily digestible and will help in building more muscles as compared to other India protein powder.
- Clean source of protein
- It contains 0g of fats
- It contains 0g of carbohydrates
- No added preservatives
- No cons
7. Oroalbumen Albumen Protein Egg Protein (400 g, Vanilla)
This egg protein from Oroalbumen is best replacement for eggs. It provides 65.60g of protein, 8g of Carbohydrates and 200 mg of calcium per 100 gm and 0.4gm fats
It abounds in nutritional requirements such as BCAA, CEAA, lycopene, mixed carotenoids, and 2 other vitamins and minerals.
It is free from any kind of added preservatives, gluten, and lactose. It comes in vanilla flavor that you cannot complain owing to the rich taste.
Having this Egg white protein right after your workout gives you the best result.
- High protein from egg white
- No Preservatives
- Gluten free
- Comprises of BCAA for quick tissue regeneration
- Available only in a single flavor
8. Dymatize Nutrition Elite Casein Powder - 4 lbs (Rich Chocolate)
Dymatize Elite Casein powers is another effective protein that belongs to the Casein department, it provides 24g of protein that is slow digesting.
The slow digestion is due to natural pH sensitivity in the digestive tract, Such protein powder is desirable when the body goes without the consumption of food for a prolonged time.
The biggest benefit is that it comprises of only protein sources with Protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS) of 1.
The presence of 10g of BCAA is another advantage that you get and it provides 50 percent of the RDA of calcium.
- Best for meal replacement
- Provides fullness feeling
- Gluten free
- Contains 50% of the Recommended daily allowance of Calcium
- Formation of clumps in milk and water even after proper shaking
9. MuscleBlaze 100% Micellar Casein - 1 kg (Chocolate)
MuscleBlaze 100 percent micellar is the purest form of casein protein.
Due to the process of microfiltration, this protein is the most biological form of casein protein.
It contains 24g of protein, 5.70g of carbohydrates and less than 1g of fats.
As it is a slow-digesting protein, it provides a sustained release of amino up to 7 hours. It is recommended to consume this protein in night
The presence of 11.52g of amino acids helps to enhance the blood flow into the muscles and it provides strength.
Additionally, it contains 5.6g of BCAA which is considered best supplement for muscle gain in India.
- Effective casein at this cost
- Slow release of protein
- Good for meal replacement
- Very sweet
10. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein (907 g, Chocolate Supreme)
ON 100% Casein protein is different from the whey protein and provides a better scope in terms of muscle recovery as compared to other proteins.
It is slower because it takes a longer time frame to break down into amino and sub-components.
This is one of the main reason why it is known as best whey protein in India
The presence of almost 5g of BCAA ensures muscle recovery and delivers strength, other benefits that can be derived is the presence of 24g of Anti-Catabolic Micellar Casein and 5g of Glutamine.
It is the best source between meals and before going to bed as it keeps you full.
- Enables muscle recovery
- Presence of amino acids helps in building muscle mass
- Blend properly
- Recover the muscles strength
- No Cons
Buyer's Guide - Protein Powder in India (Buying Guide)
There are different protein powder available in the market, but the above mentioned Indian supplement brands list and descriptions would help you choose the best protein powder in India for weight loss. Some other types of protein are casein, egg protein, soy protein in Indian market, for now first let's explain what protein powder is.
What is protein powder?
Protein powder is a bodybuilding supplement which is commonly used by fitness freaks, individuals who are unable to consume proper protein through their diet can use protein powder to improve their protein intake. Protein powder helps in muscle building, repairing tissue and make enzymes
The benefits of protein powder is numerous however; the increment is in the muscle size and the decline in fat are top on the list..
When it comes to milk it contains two types of protein, that is the casein – 80% and whey – 20%.
Casein is the chief element, when it comes to cow milk it leads with 80% of the overall protein while rest is the whey or serum proteins. Casein is the main element of ordinary cheese.
While preparation of cheese, casein is precipitated by the rennet enzymes action and thereby coagulum is established comprising of casein, whey, lactose, fat, etc. through multi stage processing the casein is kept intact while other elements such as lactose, fat, whey.
Casein comprises of different bio active peptides that produces beneficial results to the immune and digestive system. The bioactive peptide that is seen in casein provides advantage to the heart by reducing the blood pressure and reduction of the blood clots.
The peptides bind, as well as carry minerals such as calcium and phosphorous thereby enhancing the stomach digestibility. It is highly recommended to consume casein protein before bed-time
Practically whey is the watery portion of milk. When the cheese starts to form, the fatty portion of the milk congeals and whey is removed from the associate Whey consists of a number of active proteins that helps in boosting the immune system.
Such immunoglobulin either destroys or slows the growth of harmful microbes like bacteria and viruses. Various studies have reflected that the presence of such protein put pressure on the antioxidants and reduces the growth of tumors and cancer.
When the whey gets separated from during the cheese production it progress through multiple processing to transform it to whey protein. The powder is then packed into bars, shakes and other meal substitutes.
It can be pronounced by many names however egg protein or egg albumin suffices the most. A medium size egg that weigh around 50-60 g comprises of 6-7 g of protein with the yolk containing 17% egg protein.
Egg protein is a good alternative when it comes to avoiding the protein sources like whey due to dietary restrictions. Consuming egg protein in the form of shake provides medium release protein without any problem of cracked egg shells.
Soybeans can be consumed whole or made into different products that includes tofu, soy milk and other dairy products. It can even be transformed into soy protein powder that can provide you with the requisite protein intake.
Soy protein isolate powder is prepared from defatted soybean flakes that is washed in either alcohol or water so that the sugar and other dietary fiber is removed. It is after that they are dehydrated and turned into the form of powder.
The best benefit that can be derived is that it comprises little fat and no cholesterol.
It is the best alternative form of meat and other dairy alternatives. Although, it is a form of concentrated protein, soy protein isolate consists of phytates that can lead to decline in the mineral absorption
Factors to remember while purchasing best protein supplement in India:
There are a lot of Indian protein powder brands in India that sell protein powder but not all of them are up-to-the-mark, you need to select best protein in India . So, always do your research and buy from authentic brands instead of any random brand for health and safety reasons.
The benefits of whey protein can be achieved only if you invest in the right protein. Now you must be wondering how to assess the rightness of protein powder. Relax. Always look for a best protein powder for weight gain without side effects that is low in carbs and is made from refined sugar.
Also, check the amount of whey that is there in the protein powder. The level of nutrition also matters and hence, it should not be neglected. So, make sure you are also looking for the number of nutrients you might get in each serving.
Best Indian Supplement brands list
You must be aware of the top protein powder brands in India and the best protein supplements in India without side effects which are creating buzz in the market.
Don’t fall for the claims that are hyped because the majority of them do not deliver the stated claim. In order to check top 10 supplement brands, check the table which is given above.
All protein powder does not have the same function and properties. Some are designed to provide lean muscle mass while some powers the mass building. If only protein is needed then there is no requirement to go for mass gainer.
If the goal is mass gain then vouch for the mass gainer. While selecting any protein the composition of fat, carbs and protein needs to be carefully evaluated. Also you need to be sure regarding what fits you like whey, casein or a replacement of egg that is egg protein.
What are the benefits of Protein Supplement?
Consuming Protein Supplements right after a workout can help in reducing muscle damage and speed-up its recovery process. Protein Supplements can help an individual in not just body-building but weight loss too. Still confused? Don’t believe us? Well, allow me to take you through some benefits of Protein Supplement in India.
- 1Ideally, the best way to reduce body-fat: Adding a moderate amount of protein to your diet can help in weight loss, and as per recent studies, the intake of whey protein can probably speed your weight loss and take your game to next level. In recent research, it was proved that fitness enthusiasts who added protein to their diet had lost a significant amount of weight in comparison to the ones who didn’t. Now that you know where you have been lacking, then go get your best supplement in India.
- 2Fulfils your daily protein requirement: Whey is high in protein and low in lactose. Not only this, whey is highly digestible and is high in nutrition too. It even fulfils your body’s daily requirement of amino acids. In comparison to other forms of proteins, whey can be very quickly absorbed. While in case of casein the protein gets slowly digested and hence keeps you full. Thereby providing protein and keeps you full.
- 3It helps in building lean muscles: Lean muscles are tempting. All of us admire and desire those lean muscles. But getting those lean muscles isn’t easy. Well say bye to such myths and invest in a best protein in India depending upon the need and see the difference.
- 4Cures cancer: Yes, you heard us right. Going by recent research studies, it can be believed that whey protein is one of the few cures available for cancer. This cannot be confirmed yet as there is additional research that is being conducted on this topic. It is too early to believe this but hard to deny as well.
- 5It lowers blood pressure levels: Life is beautiful but full of hustle-bustle, chaos and loads of stress. High/elevated blood pressure troubles the majority of us. The regular and moderate intake of whey protein can also lower your blood pressure levels and improve your quality of life. Protein powder contains lactokinins that takes away your elevated/high blood pressure related problems.
- How to Reduce Screen Brightness in Windows 7 (2020) - March 4, 2020
- How to Check Graphics Card in a Laptop (2020) - March 3, 2020
- How to Assemble Air Purifier Membrane in Split AC (2020) - March 2, 2020