Looking for how to connect mobile phones to TV?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring the great solution on connecting android smart phones and tablets to TV Technology has entered new dimensions in the 21st century.
Mobile phones and televisions are two of the most common electronic devices found in each of our houses. It is even possible to connect mobile to TV nowadays, it is not just the mobile phones that have become smart, we now have Smart TVs too.
Now it is your turn to become smart by using the best features of your phone and television, combined, and enjoy the world-class viewing experience.
Are there times when your smartphone feels like a very small screen to watch a movie?
Are there occasions when you want to share something, a picture or a video, with a room full of people? The mobile phone would take the whole day to be passed around.
You can enjoy the content of your phone easily on the big screen of your TV, by following some very simple steps.
In fact, there are more than one ways of connecting your TV to your phone, thus you can choose the method depending on its ease, the resources you have and the type of connection your TV supports.
Here are a few things you want for establishing a connection like this:
Do make a note here that you don’t need all of the last three things as they pertain to different ways of connection. Having any one of them will make you ready to go. Here are the different ways of how to connect mobile to TV wirelessly with the detailed step by step process broken down for your easy understanding:
A. Connecting Mobile Phones to TV with Chromecast
Chromecast is engineered as a small dongle that allows the users of mobile to play content streamed from the internet on their phone, on high-definition and smart televisions.
However, the applications or web should support the Chromecast technology for the video to be viewed on the televisions. Here is a perfect solution on how to connect mobile to TV with Chromecast:
- 1Establish a Wi-Fi connection : If your television supports Chromecast, the first step will be to connect your television and mobile phone to the same Wi-Fi connection. Without a common Wi-Fi network between your phone and TV, it will be impossible to continue ahead for this method. Make sure your Wi-Fi has high-speed availability for fast connection and better viewing.
- 2Know your applications : Before trying to stream a video be aware of the applications that allow or support Chromecast viewing. You can generally know it by the availability of the cast icon in the app. You can also check the app-specification from Play Store or any other location from where you downloaded the app. Common apps that allow casting easily include Netflix, HBO, Hulu and even Google Photos.
- 3Set up the connection : The connection between your mobile and TV is now set to be made. All you need to do is locate the ‘cast icon’ In the app that you are using and tap on it. It will then lay down a list of compatible devices available. Choose the name of your TV on the list as the compatible device in which you would like to cast your content. You are set for your high definition viewing experience.
While purchasing and owning Chromecast dongle is a setback for many people, it can be a good investment if you are frequently connecting your phone or laptop to the TV. This option for connection ideal when you want to view copyrighted content, which may get blocked from viewing in other types of connection.
Miracast is an alternative way of this connection and does not require the usage of any hardware. But it considered be more expensive compared to Chromecast.
B. How to Connect Phone to TV Using HDMI Port
If your TV is not as new as the smart TVs of today, do not worry. It has still got one of the older ways of establishing a connection and that is through the HDMI port, which is found in almost all TVs in the last decade.
HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface is the standard way of connecting mobile to the television for viewing content with the simple use of HDMI cable or USB cable.
In fact, it allows connectivity with more electronics as most of them have HDMI port.
Here is a simple guide on how to cast mobile to TV using the HDMI port:
- 1Know your HDMI size: HDMI ports are distinguished into three types. Thus, first you need to know the USB/HDMI cable you will be needing that can connect to your phone and television easily. The full-size ports or the Type-A port is a bigger ports that is found in devices which are bigger and have sufficient and will connect your mobile to TV. For the more compact laptops and TVs, you have the Type C port also called Mini HDMI. A still smaller, rather the smallest HDMI port is called the Micro HDMI in Type D.
- 2Plugin: The HDMI connection is one of the easiest ways to establish a connection to TV. You simply need to connect your HDMI cable to your TV and to your phone. HDMI cable for mobile can be connected to smartphones nowadays by HDMI converter because most phones cannot connect to HDMI cables. HDMI converters just act as a mediator between your phone and the TV.
- 3Finish the connection: You need to put your television on the HDMI mode and finish up the connection. This will allow the television to view all the things you now to do on your phone by the process called mirroring.
This method is old but a pocket-friendly one and can be very cost-efficient in the long run. But one of the drawbacks here can be that the connectivity of your mobile phone to the television usually drains down the charge of your phone.
C. Connecting Mobile to TV by Screen Mirroring App
Screen mirror is the process by which you can play the items on your phone easily on your television.
The method of screen mirroring depends on certain factors such as the model of your television, the age of your model, your type of smartphone.
But as an easy method, these factors should not be a deterrence in your connection process. You can note here that if you are using android, then your mobile should at least have the Lollipop version for proceeding further.
Here are three-ways of screen mirroring for connecting mobile to TV:
- 1The Cast Button: Several Android phones, nowadays have made it extremely easy to connect your phone and the television. It is as easy as tapping an option. There is a drop-down shade for you to access several settings options in your phone. In this settings shade, you must look for the ‘Cast’ option or the relevant icon with the same name. This icon looks like the one you find in your apps. Your entire screen will be shared on your smart television by simply tapping this option.
- 2The Google Home App: If you do not have the option of the cast on your mobile phone, you have an alternative route. You can go to the Play Store and download the Google Home application on your phone. Once downloaded, open the app and navigate to the ‘Account’ option. Here you will discover the option saying ‘Mirror device’. To finish up the process, you simply have to click on the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ option and select the compatible device you want to cast your screen on, in this case, you TV.
- 3Galaxy Smart view in Samsung phones: This is a method for those only with Samsung smartphones. You have had the most convenient option of connecting the phone to your TV all along. Did not notice? Very similar to the cast option, the galaxy smart view option can be found in the settings shade of your phone. This option, once switched on, will show you compatible devices. Select your TV and enjoy seamless viewing.
While these three are highly cost-effective and simple options you can avail for fast and easy connection of your phone and television, you can often hear several other ways of making the connection.
These include the usage of SlimPorts, Mobile High Definition Links and a multitude of applications like LocalCasts, AllCast, and Plex, that offer you these services.
Here is a video you can use to further explore connecting your mobile phone to the TV –
Simple Ways to Connect Your Android Phone to Your TV
You can now choose the option that best suits you and the resources available and enjoy your favourite videos, photos, and films on a bigger screen!