Looking for the Best Green Tea in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry for the past few years.
Green Tea, a magical herb with numerous health benefits. Generally, it is mistaken that the green tea can only be beneficial in weight loss but it's an absolute myth.
Green Tea contains high levels of catechins which is an antioxidant.
This antioxidant helps to prevent chronic diseases like cancer, cardiovascular problems and many health-related issues and it is backed by science.
Green Tea is home-grown of India and China but recently it has earned popularity all over the globe. Green tea is the healthiest drink which is filled with antioxidants and nutrients.
If you are one of those who cannot give up on their daily caffeine dose, then Green Tea is best alternate solution for you with multiple benefits.
We have list down top 10 best green tea brands in India which are available in the market with their features, merits and demerits.
There are some key factors that should be kept in mind while buying the Green tea such as:-
In this article, you can dig down some important information about the best green tea brand in India and the variants available. Let’s get started!!!
We Highly recommend you to read the Green Tea Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Green Tea technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Green Tea in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is Kimino Japanese Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
1. Kimino Japanese Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
Kimino Japanese Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder is one of the best and high-demand products.
This Matcha Green Tea is produced in Mie Prefecture of Japan that enhances the energy, it contains the Amino Acid L-Theanine.
This Matcha Green Tea Powder is responsible for boosting the metabolism which results in losing fat and deoxidizing the body.
Kimino Japanese Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder relieves stress and anxiety which helps the brain to calm and relax.
People recommend this product as the best green tea brand in India.
This Green Tea has 137 times more antioxidants than any other normal green tea which is essential for overall fitness and health.
- It tastes great unlike general green tea
- It is high in ECGC type of catechin
- It helps to prevent type-2 diabetes and cancer
- It is costly as compared to other brands
- It is not easily available in the market
Related Post: Top 10 Best Protein Powder in India
2. Organic India The Tulsi Green Tea
Organic India is known for its organic products with many health benefits. Organic India was the first company to introduce Tulsi green tea in the international market.
Tulsi is not only great in taste but has many health benefits as it boosts your immune system, it’s a great source of energy and offers relief from stress issues.
It is one of the rich antioxidants herbs and also known as ‘Holy Basil’.
Organic India offers many variants in Tulsi tea so that consumers can choose the flavors according to their tastes and preferences.
Many clinical researches have proved that, Tulsi and Green tea are the best source to promote weight loss as well as healthy metabolism.
- It has many health benefits.
- It’s a 100% organic product
- Easily available in affordable price
- It can taste bitter if brewed for longer
- Tulsi taste can be strong for some people
3. Tetley Green Tea, Ginger, Mint and Lemon
Tetley mainly deals in different kinds of tea from all over the world.
Tetley Green Tea has many refreshing and soothing flavors, but combination of Ginger, Mint and Lemon is stands apart.
The ginger infused in green tea helps to aid digestion and relieves from muscle pain, Mint helps to purify the blood and lemon which helps to boost immunity.
It helps to detoxify the body which ensure to cure problems like tiredness and stress which makes it the best green tea for weight loss in india.
This tea also helps to refresh your mood as it contains L-theanine.
This green tea is a perfect punch of fitness and great taste.
- The flavors are very refreshing.
- It is in affordable in price and commonly available
- Prevents from general viral
- Mint flavor is little strong so may not go well with some people
4. Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea Bags
Lipton has multiple flavors available in the market in different forms and quantities.
Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea offers many health benefits such as, it tends to protect cardiovascular diseases.
It helps in deep hydration which results in great healthy skin. Due to these features Lipton is the best green tea brand for skin.
Lipton green tea leaves maintains functioning of skin cells and also claims to be zero calorie which makes the green tea more healthy.
This green tea is infused with honey which is known for its antioxidant as well as antibacterial property.
This green tea has soothing and refreshing flavor which makes it one of the best teas in the market.
This green tea is also very vital for weight management and boost metabolism naturally.
- It claims to be Zero Calorie
- It deeply hydrates the body and results in glowing skin
- It is easily available in multiple variants
- It is not organic
- Mostly it comes in tea bags
5. Typhoo Pure Green Tea Natural
Typhoo was the first to sell ready packed tea and offers multiple types of tea in the market with a wide range of flavors.
Typhoo Green Tea does not contain any sugar, artificial flavors or preservatives.
This Green Tea is rich in catechin which is a natural antioxidant and a type of disease fighting flavonoid that helps to aid cancer and asthma.
This Pure natural green tea is also essential for preventing strokes and heart diseases.
Typhoo green tea comes in both the forms, loose leaf as well as bagged tea.
Typhoo Pure Green Tea has mild and refreshing taste which helps in relieving stress and also helps in shedding extra weight.
- It helps to boost immune system
- Helps in relieving stress and freshens the mood
- It is available in both the form i.e leaf and tea bag with multiple flavors.
- It is not easily available in the market
6. Himalaya Green Tea Bags Box
Himalaya has been dealing with different variants of Green Tea which has immense benefits. Himalaya Green Tea helps in detoxifying the body and eliminate the tiredness.
This tea genuinely boosts the immunity which eventually defends the body from getting exposed to general viral.
Himalaya Green Tea helps to stabilize your blood pressure and gives relief from digestion issues.
It also helps to lower down the risk of cardio attacks and cancer. These feature makes it the best green tea in India.
It contains powerful antioxidants and nutrients which improves the functioning of brain and body.
Himalaya Green tea also helps to shed some extra kilos efficiently and also improves metabolism which enhances the functioning of kidney.
- Eliminates fatigue from body
- Cheap in price as compare to other brands
- Relieves from many health issues
- Easily available in the market
- It does not offer a variety of flavors
- Only tea bags are available
7. Eco Valley Natural Green Tea, Dandelion and Mint
Eco Valley brand was especially initiated for organic products.
Eco Valley has many variants and flavors under Green Tea and one such is Eco valley Natural Green Tea with Dandelion and mint, it’s a very unusual combination.
This tea provides the best source of vitamins and has EGCG type of catechin which is high in antioxidants.
Dandelion present in this green tea eliminates toxins and helps in toning the body.
Again, the element mint in this green tea is best to cure stomach-ache and tackles the fatigue.
Eco valley Natural Green Tea with Dandelion and mint helps in fluid retention and in burning the fat.
- It contains ECGC type of catechin which is an antioxidant
- Helps to eradicate toxins and waste
- Separate sachets are provided
- Dandelion Taste may not be liked by some people
8. Lipton Lemon Zest Green Tea Bags
Lipton Lemon Zest Green Tea helps to relax and it improve alertness.
This tea promotes healthy lifestyle as it may help to maintain heart healthy and benefits skin by cleaning the pores.
This green tea promotes fat burning and brain functioning, that's why it is the best green tea in India.
Lipton Lemon Zest Green Tea contains no calories which helps to boost physical activity, reduces growth of cancer causing cells and best for deep hydration if taken without any sugar or milk.
Lipton green tea infused with lemon is also good for boosting metabolism, which is beneficial for the stomach and overall health.
- It contains zero calorie
- It is affordable and easily available in the market
- Helps to hydrate body deeply
- It is only available in the tea bags
- It is not organic
9. Twinings Green Tea
Twining offers classic range of products with different flavors and is known for its vibrant and premium quality.
Twining Green Tea is also known for its types of tea that is ‘Sencha’ which is very smooth and mild.
Sencha is the best quality of green tea which is loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
Twining Green tea is great for hydrating your body if taken in moderate quantities.
Green tea is not only refreshing and soothing but also works wonders when it comes to health.
It lowers down the risk of cancer due to antioxidants present in the tea and increases fat burning process in the body.
- Lowers level of cholesterol
- It provides tea bags in separate sachets
- It can also be taken to cure mild headache
- It is easily available in the market
- Prices are a little high compared to alternatives available
10. First Bud Organics Refresh Bud Loose Green Tea with Lemongrass and Peppermint
First Bud Organic is a brand which produces organic products with the highest quality.
First Bud Organic Refresh Bud Loose green tea is a premium green tea from Assam which is blended with Kashmiri mint and lemongrass, which gives it a strong aroma and taste.
The brand is very conscious about the quality as they pluck only bud with two leaves in order to ensure natural flavors and to maintain its premium quality.
This green tea contains phenolic compound which are best source of antioxidants.
This antioxidants are responsible for reducing stress and carcinogenic, boosting immunity, and losing weight.
Lemongrass and Peppermints infused with green tea are itself soothing and refreshing in nature.
- It has great soothing flavor
- It is 100% organic and does not contain harmful chemicals
- Higher level of antioxidant is present
- It is not easily available in local market
Buyer's Guide - Green Tea Buying Guide in India
Green Tea is one of the most healthiest drink globally which is loaded with multiple nutrients and antioxidants that are responsible to defend the cell from getting damage.
Earlier, green tea was only used in India, China and Japan for medicinal purpose but now it is one of the most well-known commonly consumed beverages.
It is very essential to choose the best green tea brand in India for weight loss that is laden with all the effective health benefits.
In this buyer's guide, we have tried to put some light in detail on the key factors that needs to be kept in mind before buying the green tea. It is crucial to understand the purpose and benefits of a product before you consume it.
Things to consider while Buying The Best Green Tea in India
Green Tea is unoxidized which means it does not undergo chemical reaction so it has a large amount of antioxidants which are full of numerous health benefits. Green Tea comes in a wide range of brands, flavors and types whether you it buy from your nearby store or from online stores.
There are many brands which are offering top quality green tea whereas there are also many brands which are selling low or average quality green tea.
You may tend to get confused with these many choices especially those who are new to green tea so here, we have simplified the process for you by focusing on vital factors.
Different Types Of Green Tea
Green tea comes in a wide variety and the main difference between the types are defined by the type of harvesting and processing method, and the region where it is grown. Green Tea are the freshly picked leaves which are either dried or steamed out in order to prevent oxidation process and stop fermentation.
There are many types of green tea which differ from one another due to the means of different process used. Here, we will discuss different types of green tea that are available in the market.
- 1Sencha: Sencha is one of the most commonly used green tea. It is directly grown in sunlight and usually tea leaves are plucked from the first harvest which is known for best quality. These leaves are steamed and dried out then rolled up in a needle shape which helps the leaves to release the inside extract that gives the best flavor and aroma, also rich in Vitamin C.
- 2Gyokuro: The processing of Gyokuro Green Tea is almost similar to Sencha Green Tea but the only difference is that it is hid 3 weeks in advance to harvest and go through less photosynthesis which make Gyokuro Green Tea stronger in taste. It helps to regulate the brain and nervous system.
- 3Tencha: Tencha Green Tea is again very similar to Gyokuro Green Tea that it is hid 3 weeks prior to harvest but does not go through the rolling process like Gyokuro Green Tea. It releases a high level of minerals, Vitamins and nutrients.
- 4Matcha: Matcha is nothing but grounded Tencha Green Tea. After the harvesting and steaming process, the leaves are removed off from the veins and stem then air dried and grounded into fine powder which is directly whisked into the tea. It ensures detoxification of body and has natural nutrients.
- 5Funmatsucha: Funmatsucha is also a type of grounded tea but it is not hidden from the sunlight hence go through more photosynthesis which makes it a little bitter in taste but has more antioxidants content than normal tea which helps to cure headaches, illnesses and cold.
- 6Konacha: Konacha is usually mistaken as powdered tea but it's not powder in fact it is tiny bits of leaves which are filtered during the processing that gives strong taste and aroma.
- 7Shincha: Shincha is one of the best quality tea which is typically the first harvest that makes it a little bitter and strong in flavor. It is usually expensive in price compared to other green tea and is rich in amino acid that is responsible for building protein blocks in body.
- 8Fukamushicha: Fukamushicha has leaves from Gyokuro, Sencha, Bancha and Kabusecha that are deeply steamed and processed making it rich in flavor and has a soothing effect on stomach.
- 9Kukicha: Kukicha is made from the stems and twigs instead of leaves and are also known as twig tea. The stems undergo the Gyokuro process and also known as yellow brew. It has a very refreshing effect on body.
- 10Bancha: Bancha is the second harvest after the leaves are plucked for sencha. It is rich in fluoride that prevents bad breath and tooth decay.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green Tea is one of the most famous beverages that helps to prevent numerous ailments. Many researches have claimed that the green tea positive impact on overall mechanism of body.
Green Tea is Known for fully loaded antioxidants called catechins which is responsible for preventing many fatal diseases and has a powerful impact on overall functioning of the body. Here in this part, we will discuss some potential benefits of green tea.
Green Tea Bags vs Loose Green Tea
Green Tea is fully choked with nutrients and antioxidants that is responsible for chemical compound present in leaves called catechins which has numerous health benefits. The maximum of catechins are present in the extract of young leaf or whole leaf compared to broken leaf pieces called dust and fanning.
Further we will discuss and compare the best green tea in India which will help you to choose the right form.
When to Use Green Tea
Green tea has gained rapid popularity in the last few years after the revelation of associated numerous health benefits. It's a favorite beverage of fitness conscious people and it is widely and commonly consumed. In this section, we will discuss the best time to consume the green tea in order to experience the best results.
According to some nutritionists, morning is the best time to consume green tea as metabolism level is at the highest but not on an empty stomach because it contains some amount of caffeine and high amount of catechins (antioxidants) that can have ill effects on the liver.
Ideally, 10:00 am after breakfast can be the best time to consume green tea.
Drinking green tea between meals, especially 30min to 45min before and after meals are considered effective for maximum absorption of nutrients and minerals. It also helps to digest the food faster. Also, people who exercise can drink green tea an hour ago to their session to boost weight loss and helps to reduce muscle damage.
Usually both morning and evening time are fine to drink green tea but people who have sleep related issues should avoid drinking tea in the evening as caffeine content may hamper the sleep.
The time may vary from person to person because of the routine and preference. It is better to observe your body in order to see how your body reacts after you intake the green tea and then you can set the routine for green tea consumption.
Green Tea vs Regular Tea
Green tea and Regular Black tea are harvested from the same plant called Camellia Sinensis.
In both the cases, uppermost leaves or buds are plucked but regular black tea undergo oxidation and chemical processing which causes browning in the leaves known as fermentation whereas Green Tea does not or go through minimal oxidation or fermentation process.
Both green tea and black tea has their own properties and health related benefits but when you compare both green tea is much more beneficial for overall health.
In a nutshell, Green tea is truly a magical herb loaded with numerous health benefits. We would request you to invest in something that is certainly beneficial for your health.