Looking for the Best DSLR Camera Under 30000?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years.
Want to get your very DSLR to satisfy the inner shutterbug in you but don’t know how to choose a DSLR?
Finding a DSLR or a point-and-shoot camera can be really difficult when you are new to the world of photography but we are here to help you get started.
Smartphones and point-and-shoot cameras are going head to head with DLSRs these days due to the portability and added social features that they offer.
For detailed information about best dslr camera under 30000 and which one to go for we recommend you going through our buyer's guide at the bottom of the article.
It can be really beneficial for you in selecting the best DLSR camera in India. Here are the top deciding factors that you need to keep in mind when purchasing a camera:
For a more in-depth analysis do check out our comprehensive buyer’s guide. Here is our take on the top 10 cameras that you can get under 30000 or less in India. Without further ado, let’s get started.
We Highly recommend you to read the DSLR Camera Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest DSLR camera technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best DSLR Camera Under 30000 in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is Canon EOS 1500D Digital SLR Camera but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
1. Canon EOS 1500D Digital SLR Camera
This is the best dslr camera under 30000, which is launched recently in March 2018 in India.
Canon EOS 1500D is an upgrade for its previous entry-level DSLR the 1300D model which is also preferred the best camera under 30000.
This camera from the house of the Japanese Multinational has a 24MP CMOS sensor. Along with a Digic 4+ processor, you will get great speed while shooting.
The 9 point autofocus system is great for the beginners who are still learning the nuances of photography. With 3-fps continuous shooting speed.
This equipment is decent enough for video recording too.When it comes to entry-level DSLRs, there is not much that can go head-to-head with the 1500D.
- Can connect via Wifi and Bluetooth.
- Easy to hold along with a thumb-rest on the back and a good overall grip.
- It weighs only 475 grams and is very light-weight.
- This device performs great under direct sunlight.
- Some customers have complained that it is cumbersome to register the product for warranty in canon edge site if you have bought it online.
Related Post: Best DSLR Camera in India
2. Canon EOS 3000D 18MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 18-55mm is II Lens
This camera will equip you with an optical viewfinder which will enable you to capture the special moments quickly.
This best camera under 30000 was recently launched in India in Mar. 2018 and already has become very popular among the users.
The Wi-Fi functionality makes the 3000D an extremely competent device. Canon manufacture some of the best dslr under 30000.
It allows you to transfer your photos to your smartphone instantly for editing and posting to social media.
The camera is positioned slightly above entry-level DSLRs and below the mid-range lineup.
It holds up quite well against more expensive DSLRs in the market and if you value consistent performance and top-quality photos, this is definitely the right choice as a new photographer.
Canon is so much popular brand among the professional photographers and this is the best canon dslr under 30000.
- It comes along with DIGIC 4+ image processor and is very good in image capturing.
- It weighs 436 grams (body only) and is very light-weight.
- It supports Wi-Fi and you can transfer pictures to your smart devices easily.
- You can do full HD Video Recording at 1080 p on 30 fps.
- The shooting speed is slow in burst mode.
- The screen isn’t very bright or flexible.
3. Sony Cybershot DSC-HX400V
This camera is fitted with Carl-Zeiss lens and the BionZ processor makes it a great buy in this range.It is one of the best point and shoot camera under 30000.
The users who love to use SONY home appliances too love to use it as they have a huge respect for the brand.
This camera comes along with electronic view finder with 100% field coverage. Sony DSC HX400V is an updated best dslr camera under 30000.
It is not the typical DSLR camera, however has creative modes like P/A/S/M.
The OS is very intuitive and is very useful for amateurs to pick up the different modes and features. The battery life is quite good.
This Sony DSLR camera was launched in Jan 2017 in India and is the next version of Sony’s HX300 series.
- You can connect this camera directly to Wi-Fi and upload your pictures instantly.
- You can download apps on this camera too.
- You can install PlayMemories Camera Apps and enjoy uploading the photos and videos.
- Fast focus feature is really awesome as you can capture any scene very fast. Manual Ring enables fine-tuning of zoom or focus.
- It weighs only 481 grams and is very light-weight.
- There are occasional software bugs.
- Sometimes the phone zoom gets stuck and you will have to remove and reinsert battery.
4. Fujifilm X-A5 Mirrorless Cameras with XC 15-45mm f3.5-5.6 OIS Lens (Brown)
If you want image quality that is very close to what DSLRs can offer but do not want the added weight that they bring to the table
This Fujifilm mirrorless camera is one of the best camera that you can get at an affordable price.
Mirrorless cameras are known for their premium hardware but they are also quite expensive. X A5 Camera is best Camera Under 30000.
Fujifilm is one of the few brands that offer a quality mirrorless experience at this price point.
With a battery that lasts you over 400 shots, you can make your battery last a fair bit of time.
The APS-C sensor is capable of taking great images as well as videos. Overall, it is one of the most portable cameras that do not compromise on quality.
- Portable design
- Sliding display for selfies
- Great light sensitivity
- Extremely affordable
- Lack of social features
5. Nikon D3400 24.2 MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens Kit + 16GB Card + Camera Bag
New to the world of photography? Try your hands on Nikon D3400.
Probably the best cameras under 30000 , it comes with the DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor that works in tandem to provide scintillating images.
A wide ISO range from 100-25600, Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps, and a 5fps continuous shooting rate, which is acceptable considering the features it’s offering.
The additional feature of SnapBridge automatically downloads your images into your smartphone and can also upload them into Nikon image space.
It has 4 star rating under the category of best dslr under 30k.
- Basic version helpful for beginners
- SnapBridge helps to shares images
- 11 autofocus points
- Full HD 1080p movie shooting
- Higher range as compared to another beginner model
6. Nikon D3500 W/AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
If you want the best possible low-light performance out of your camera the Nikon D3500 is the best camera on this list.
It has a very high sensitivity range that allows you to get grain-free pictures You have complete manual control over your photos and can edit every aspect of your framing.
The autofocus features on the D3500 are spectacular and you will be able to track multiple points of focus on screen for that perfect bokeh effect.
There are 11 autofocus points for maximum accuracy and it helps a lot when you take multiple shots in a row.
If you really want to invest in a DSLR and do not mind sacrificing portability in favor of quality, you should definitely try out the D3500.
- 11-point autofocus for crisp photos
- Great for bokeh shots
- Full manual control
- Best-in-class performance
- Bulky and not ideal for everyday usage
7. Nikon Coolpix B600 16.0 MP Point-and-Shoot Digital Camera with 60x Optical Zoom (Black)
Nikon’s Coolpix B600 is one of best point and shoot cameras for those looking for lots of zoom.
With a staggering 60X zoom in the camera, it is great for wildlife and bird photography enthusiasts.
This is the best dslr under 30000, If you love taking pictures on the go and you will love the optical image stabilization that the camera offers.
While it might not have the same quality as DSLRs you will love the versatility and portability that the B600 offers.
SnapBridgde 2.5 is bundled as part of the camera, which allows you to share your photos and videos with your family and friends as soon as you take the perfect snaps.
- High zoom
- Great image stabilization
- Solid battery life
- Social media features
- Average video quality
8. Nikon Coolpix A900 Camera (Silver)
The Nikon Coolpix A900 is one of the best dslr camera under 25000 that you can buy right now.
It has all the features that you would need from a high-quality camera including a terrific sensor and 4K video recording.
The 35X optical zoom and 70X hybrid zoom allows you to take the perfect shots no matter how far you are from the subject.
When it comes to image stabilization, the technology is on par, which makes this product one of the best under the category of top 5 dslr cameras under 30000.
Overall, it is an excellent camera if you are not keen on investing in bulky DSLRs.
- High optical zoom
- High hybrid zoom
- Great battery life
- Great optical image stabilization
- Video quality is average
9. Samsung GC100 Galaxy 16.3MP Point-and-Shoot Digital Camera with 21x Optical Zoom
Samsung’s Galaxy lineup of cameras comes with a bunch of smart features that allows you to install a bunch of apps directly on your camera.
Thanks to Android OS you will be able to access popular social media and photo editing apps without needing an external device.
In case you are new to photography you should try out the Smart Mode built into the camera and let the camera automatically adjust all settings to get you the perfect shot.
You can also share your shots in real time which is really impressive.
The quad-core processor in the camera allows you to take photos and process them much faster than any other camera.
this list which essentially lets you keep shooting without any delays.
- Android OS-powered camera with social features and apps
- Great battery life
- Smart Mode for easy camera controls
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled
- Lack of software updates
10. Nikon W300 Waterproof Camera
This trendy looking camera comes in colors like yellow, brick orange, army camouflage and the traditional black.
Again, this is not a traditional DSLR camera, but the features make it very close to one. The waterproof feature will enable it to use it underwater up to 100 feet.
Nikon W300 also has features like freeze proof, shockproof and dustproof and is a perfect adventure camera.
The built-in eCompass, altimeter will help you during your sea surfing, skiing, scuba diving, biking, rock climbing and mountaineering experiences.
If you are looking for a camera that allows you to travel with it wherever you go, this is definitely one of the best among best dslr camera under 30000 you can get.
- It will allow you to customize and tailor your images in the camera itself.
- It weighs 395 grams and is quite light-weight.
- You can capture videos in Full HD 1080/60p.
- The battery life of up to 1200 shots is great.
- Does not connect via Wi-Fi, which might be a point of inconvenience to many.
- It does not have an external microphone port.
Buyer's Guide - Best DSLR under 30000 (Buying Guide)
It is impossible to ignore the popularity of DSLR cameras. These are professional cameras which are worthy enough to produce impressive results. The important point is that the Buyer’s Guide is an excellent guidance for the people who are on the lookout to buy their first DSLR or mirror less camera.
Discussed below is the ‘Buyer’s Guide’ in detail that can help you to select the best dslr among top dslr cameras under 30000 that will not only fits your budget of thirty thousand but will also provide you with a satisfactory experience.
Let us consider few points which will clarify the decision to buy best DSLR under 30000.
DSLR or Mirror less camera
Mirror less cameras do not have the mirror which the DSLRs have. The absence of the mirror in the former one obviously makes it lighter. There are few advantages which the DSLR score over mirror less cameras:
- DSLR has better autofocus system as compared to the mirror less one.
- DSLR has a longer battery life.
- It has more options in lens
- With the help of the optical viewfinder, the picture clarity is high with a dynamic range.
Types of Cameras:
An image is made in the camera with the help of an image sensor or imaging sensor. The CMOS sensor allows capturing light and converting it into electrical signals which is good for images. This is an important factor which decides the cost of the DSLR camera. The cameras with this type of sensor can be priced low.
This sensor helps in the production of high-end picture clarity in video cameras. This type of sensor makes the price of the product higher. Because of high-quality picture quality, the price of the camera is higher.
Nikon Coolpix 18208943104 is one of the best dslr camera in India under 30000 range.
Brand-based choice of cameras
- Canon: This is one of the top Japanese brands engaged in producing high-quality DSLRs. The company has its headquarters in Tokyo and is engaged in manufacturing of optical products like photocopiers, computer printers, cameras, and medical equipment.
Some of the best examples are Canon EOS 1500D DSLR Cameras, Canon EOS 3000D DSLR Cameras, and Canon EOS 1300D DSLR Cameras.
- Nikon: Another reliable Japanese brand which is highly popular in the Indian market. The company produces cameras with excellent technology. Apart from cameras, the company manufactures products like binoculars, ophthalmic lenses, microscopes, etc.
Some of the best examples are Nikon D3400 DSLR camera, Nikon 5300 24.2MP DSLR camera, Nikon Coolpix B500, and Nikon D3300 24.2 MP DSLR.
Sony: Sony has its headquarters in Minato in Tokyo, Japan. It is popular for home appliances and electronics apart from the DSLR cameras. The features of the DSLRs are equipped with technology to produce amazing picture quality. The company has an impressive position in the world in terms of DSLR cameras after Canon and Nikon.
Some of the best examples of this brand are Sony DSC W830 Cyber-shot 20.1 MP, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300/BC, and Sony H400/B 20.1 MP. These cameras are little costlier than the other brands.
- Olympus: This brand is also headquartered in Japan. It was established in the year 1919. It is popular for the manufacturing of optics and reprography items. The company ventured into camera manufacturing in the year 1936. The pricing of these products in India is towards the steep side.
Some of the best examples are Olympus Evolt E420 10MP DSLR camera, Olympus Evolt E520 10MP DSLR camera, Olympus E410 10MP DSLR cameras, etc.
Fujifilm: The Company has its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. There were in the top position as the manufacturer of cameras but the advent of digital cameras gave them tough competition. But the company has bounced back with a roar.
They are engaged in the manufacturing of several other electronic products and have made contribution in the medical field as well. The company is in the top position in offering color film, paper, and photofinishing chemicals.
Some of the best examples of the cameras offered by the company are Fujifilm FinePix S8500 16MP Point and Shoot Digital Camera with 46x Optical Zoom, Fujifilm X-T2 Mirror less Digital Camera with 18-55mm F2.8-4.0R LM OIS Lens, etc.
They are known to manufacture both high-end and low-end cameras with equal popularity.
What is DSLR Technology?
DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex. These are different from the traditional cameras because these are digital in comparison to the older ones which had film rolls. Thus the time consumption has reduced because the results are instant.
DSLR Cameras consist of the following elements:
- Reflex Mirror
- Image Sensor
- Focusing Screen
- Condenser Lens
The rise of Digital technology led to the change in preferences of the people and they were in complete awe of the picture quality offered by the new technology. DSLRs were successful in replacing the film-based SLRs in the 2000s.
How DSLR works?
The DSLR cameras combine the mechanism and optics of single lens reflex camera with an imaging sensor which is digital. The reflex designing is the main difference between the DSLR and the other digital cameras. In the DSLR, the light enters through the lens and goes to the mirror and is reflected back to the viewfinder or the image sensor. With the use of single lens, the viewfinder is able to produce an image.
A lot of complicated processing of the image can happen on the camera. But the camera processor is able to take the information from the image sensor and convert it into an appropriate image. It is then stored in the memory card. The entire process is executed in very little time and some of the DSLRs can do it for 11 times in a second. The cameras thus became very popular amongst the professionals and the main reason behind this is the accuracy, agility, and high quality picture produced by the product.
Features of DSLR
In the digital cameras, the resolution is measured in megapixels. The DSLR produces bigger pixels which are capable of absorbing light better light and color. These are not prone to nose and color distortions.
- Image processor
The image processor is like the brain of the digital camera. Brands can be compared based on the image processors. The way the camera yields response to handling should be the criteria of deciding the buy. The image processors of DSLR are quite fast. Further enhancement of speed, power and clarity is possible with technical improvements in image processing.
The basic elements of exposure are shutter speed, aperture range and ISO sensitivity. DSLR can offer full control over such areas. Automatic and manual settings are easily available and the buyer can make the selection based in individual liking.
- Aperture: Sharp images can be achieved with higher f-stops. Aperture range is there in every camera and is measured in units called f-stops. When the f-stops are low, more light passes through the lens and the distance in the front and behind the focal point decreases which also results in diffused images. DSLRs have the ability to give great shots even in low lighting.
- Shutter Speed: It can be called as the gateway which allows the amount of light to enter the camera. If the shutter is open for a long time, more light enters into the camera and the image can get greater blur. DSLR can adjust the required shutter speed for any lighting solution. In fact in low light conditions it can produce longer shutter speed and the opposite happens in bright light.
- ISO Sensitivity: It means the sensitivity the sensor can show for the incoming light. In dim lights, higher ISO settings can understand and in bright light, lower ISO number can. DSLR can shoot at a higher ISO number. Thus images can be captured in a wide spectrum of lighting conditions, sometimes eliminating the need of a flash too. DSLR can produce a sharp image even while shooting with high ISO number. ISO sensitivity can be manually controlled in a DSLR. Beginners can select the auto ISO sensitivity and allow the camera to adjust as per the lighting conditions.
- Burst Mode
Several pictures can be shot by holding the shutter button. It is measured in frames per second. Some cameras can even capture as many as 10 images in a single second. Then the pictures can be reviewed and the best one can be selected. DSLR has high performance pictures because the speed and processing time is ideal to project such shots.
- High Dynamic Range
Each scene can have a number of pictures with this feature. The best parts of each picture can be retained. DSLR can automatically offer the best part of each shot to produce a photo with superior quality.
- Video Mode
Full video mode can be achieved in DSLR. Full HD videos can produce higher detailed images with brilliant colors. Some high-end DSLR can even record in HD.
These are some of the features which set the DSLR apart from the normal cameras and make the former highly preferred equipment for the professional photographers. Hope the guide proves to be a great platform for the buyers intending to buy an efficient DSLR under 30,000.
You can also check out our best dslr camera under 35000 list if you are looking for better camera and have budget more than 30000.