Looking for the Best Laptop for Programming in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years.
What if we say that you can now carry a portable programming device with you wherever you go?
Well, if you have a laptop with standard configurations, you can enjoy the privilege of working remotely without compromising on your office desktop features.
A laptop can act as your perfect companion if you intend to work from home (or anywhere else), enjoy gaming or watching videos.
Even in the era of smart gadgets like tablets and smartphones, one cannot ignore the necessity of a laptop. Laptop allows you to do a number of activities easily, like, coding and programming, but it needs higher configuration than the regular ones.
Computer programming is not just about logic, algorithms and codes. The ability to solve problems by executing codes is fueled by a highly efficient laptop. So, a programming or a gaming laptop is required for the programmers and gamers.
Since there are several types of laptops available in the market, you must not get confused as we have done half of the work on behalf of you in laying down the essentials that a programmer must to look for in a laptop.
Choosing the Best laptop for Programming
There are so many options available in the market that you might get confused. So it is better to ask yourself certain questions and buy one of the laptops that satisfy all your queries.
We Highly recommend you to read the Best Laptop for Programming Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Laptop for Programming technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Laptops for Programming in India
Although my favorite among all is HP Pavilion Gaming Core i7 but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
1. HP Pavilion Gaming Core i7
HP’s Pavilion Gaming Core i7 is an extremely powerful gaming/programming laptop.
It has a Full HD micro edge bezel display along with acid green backlit keyboard which makes it aesthetically elegant. The ergonomic design of this laptop is highly impressionable.
However, this laptop strictly means business. It surpasses the aesthetics by delivering powerful performance backed up by 8GB DDR4 RAM.
It has 512 GB SSD storage which promises fast speed and optimum performance.
This laptop is designed for the graphic designers, game developers and editors whose main work involves audio mixing, animation, video and graphics editing. Such high-power demanding operations also demand good battery performance.
It is one the best laptops for programmers because of it's processor speed which help to work smoothly without any hindrance. For that, the brand HP has paid keen attention and has armed this laptop with 1 Lithium ion battery for quick charging.
Related Post: Top 10 Best Laptop Under 50000 in India
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop Intel Core i7
Microsoft Surface Laptop is one of the best programming laptops available in the Indian market that maintains a fine balance between performance, compactness and strong battery life.
The laptop features a smart configuration with 2.50GHz Intel Core i7 7th Gen processor and 16 GB RAM which allows heavy multitasking without any interruption.
It is also equipped with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 Graphics card that will help in performing high-end operations such as visual editing, animation and game development.
The Cortana AI assistant feature would help you in operating the laptop and solving all your operation-related problems, while the seamless “Hello sign-in” feature makes it more intuitive.
Also, the manufacturers have paid special attention in providing superior security features to this laptop to make it at par with the other high-end laptops available in the market.
We recommend this laptop as the Best Laptop for Programming and gaming. Backed by Microsoft Windows and Office, this laptop is a complete package for your student and professional life.
3. Dell Inspiron 5570 15.6-inch FHD Laptop
Dell Inspiron 5570 15.6-inch FHD Laptop is one of the smartest gadgets manufactured by Dell and it captures attention in the very first sight with its sleek and stylish look.
The gadget features an (15.6) FHD non-touch anti-glare display that keeps your eyes safe and enriches the visual experience.
This laptop is equipped with SmartByte technology that makes sure that your gaming and streaming experience is not interrupted by endless & annoying buffering.
Smartly designed network solution guarantees that the most useful apps get the optimum bandwidth they deserve.
This laptop scores high on audio performance with Waves MaxxAudio Pro, music concerts, film scores and the gaming world achieve and the new dynamics of reality.
It is rated as the best laptop for developers by coding experts, game developers and web developers. All these features are backed up by an ultra-powerful battery benchmarked with industry standard MobileMark 2014.
4. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
With a sleek design, elegant display quality and laptop-to-tablet versatility, the brand Microsoft has succeeded in creating one of the most portable and convenient laptops in the market.
The best part of this gadget is the fact that it can also be used as a standalone tablet as well as in-studio mode by lowering the stand on a 15 degree angle, which is ideal for writing and drawing jobs.
However, its brilliance exceeds its portability feature because the machine has been engineered in such a way that it has focused on the supreme performance.
Along with that, the laptop features 8th gen Intel Core processor which is great for multi-tasking and all-day battery life ensures interruption-free usage. Along with Windows 10 Home, you can also make use of other smart features such as password-free operation and “Hello” sign-in and Cortana* AI assistant.
With an 8 GB RAM and 128 GB Hard Drive space, this device is comes in top 10 Best laptops for programmers list because it can work on lots of programs and functions simultaneously.
They can continue doing so without worrying about system load and memory shortage. This laptop is considered as the Perfect laptop for data science because helps in doing it's complex process easily.
5. Lenovo Legion Y540 9th Gen Intel Core i5
Lenovo Legion Y540 is a gangbuster gaming laptop with a super-powerful 9th Generation Core Intel I5-9300H processor, 8GB RAM, and GB NVIDIA GTX 1650 Graphics.
This smart gadget features a 15.6-inch screen with (1920X1080) full-HD display that is powered with anti-glare technology to enrich the visual experience.
Play games for hours and it won’t take a toll on your eyes. The display has 60 Hz Refresh Rate that will considerably reduce the motion blurring, thus enhancing the gaming experience.
The Y540 keyboard ensures superior control that makes gaming more enjoyable. The keyboard also has 100% anti-ghosting, laser-engraved WASD highlights and lesser than 1ms response time which will improve your overall work-gaming input.
The laptop also comes with HDMI, Ethernet, USB-C, AC Adapter and Mini Display Port connectivity options for a seamless connection with other peripherals. This is the best laptop for developers perfect for high-end operations such as game development, sound mixing, animations and so on.
6. Apple MacBook Air
Apple Macbook air for programming has created one hell of a buzz in the market for its sophisticated display features and its chic and neat appeal.
The laptop features retina display that enhances the resolution by four times more pixels than an ordinary HD display.
The images and texts on this display take a new form of realism giving unbelievable depth and texture to the images.
The display has fine narrow borders making it easy to focus on the screen.This laptop stands forefront on the grounds of security.
With advanced and ultra-responsive figure touch ID sensor, the gadget guarantees 100% security to all your important documents and files.
The keyboard has Apple’s highly reliable butterfly technology that provides 4 times more key stability and responsiveness than other traditional keyboards. For all its incredibly subtle and user-friendly features, this laptop comes with Thunderbolt 3 which combines high-bandwidth with USB-C.
It is has the huge rating and reviews in the category of Best laptops for programmers and has high demand in the market. This laptop creates one universal port integrating data transfer, charging and video output all in a single connector which is also reversible and can be plugged-in anyway.
7. ASUS TUF
This ASUS laptop is the perfect gaming gadget if you are looking for gaming adventure in your living room.
ASUS TUF is backed with an ultra-powerful graphic performance supported by the award-winning NVIDIA Turing architecture.
The device makes perfect use of NanoEdge design that gives 6.5 mm bezel for aesthetically pleasing visuals with 120Hz IPS-level panel for excellent gaming experience with reduced motion blur.
All this is supported with the wide-view technology that guarantees color consistency from extreme angles as well.
The keyboard is equipped with HyperStrike technology helps in increase typing speed which makes this product best laptop for coding . This laptop has a user-friendly design and a desktop-inspired layout that makes use of the highlighted WASD key group.
With this laptop, you do not have to worry about heating because This laptop comes with an Anti-Dust Cooling (ADC) system and Hyper Fan that guarantees excellent cooling. This is also laptop is perfect for dense operations such as game development, film editing, sound mixing and animation.
8. ASUS VivoBook
ASUS VivoBook is a multi-purpose laptop that serves as your companion for the day-to-day chores and suffices your gaming/programming needs too.
Right from playing your favorite games to binge watching TV shows on Netflix to running programming machines, this laptop get everything covered for you.
Powered by the latest Intel Core i5 8250U processor, this laptop has great performance capability.
Along with this, it is equipped with ASUS SonicMaster feature makes it Best coding laptop use of a professional-grade coder for flawless audio encoding and decoding.
ASUS VivoBook is secured with figure print access powered with 360 degree recognition facility guaranteeing scanning accuracy even if your hands are wet. It has 7.1mm bezel and 73.8% screen-to-body ratio engineered with NanoEdge technology that gives it an elegant touch and enhances the display features.
So, this is the one of the Best laptops for programmers who are looking for a device where they can explore their programming creativity as well as balance their life with entertainment.
9. HP 14 Core i3 7th gen 14-inch Thin and Light Laptop
This is a the best laptop for developers, as it has advanced features and smart configuration that is at par with the industry standards.
Fuelled with 7th Generation Intel Core i3 processor and 8GB RAM with Intel HD Graphics 620, this laptop promises nothing less than excellence.
The latest processor makes this laptop highly reliable for your study as well as for entertainment purposes.
It comes with Pre-installed Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 that will help you get going with important programs right away.
It has powerful dual speakers with HP Audio system that delivers rich and immersive sound with deep bass and crystal clear voice. The enhanced quality audio features make watching videos in this laptop an enjoyable experience. It has “Fast Charge Battery” feature that ensures fast charging, thus saving a lot of your time.
This is the Best laptop for the programming student in India that help them perform their programming functions efficiently.
10. ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE-EN169T
This laptop is extremely sleek in design but performs brilliantly, be it for gaming & programming or be it for day-to-day chores.
It is powered with an 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5 processor that provides smart support to execute all the high-end functions.
It comes armed with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics card that makes it compatible for all the latest games and other high –end photo/video editing software.
ASUS ROG Strix laptop has a 15.6-inch screen display with ultrafast 120Hz refresh Rate which further enhances the quality of the visual content by reducing the motion blur to the bare minimum.
The smart keyboard makes good use of the highlighted WASD key group and anti-ghosting technology with n-key rollover to ensure complete typing precision and a great gaming control. For all its precision in delivering high-end performance and affordable price this is the best laptop for programming student.
Buyer's Guide: How to Purchase Programming Laptops
Laptop is an essential tool for the software experts, students pursuing a career in software programming and the IT professionals. As there are several laptops available in market dedicated to perform specific jobs (gaming, programming, etc.) it becomes quite a task to identify the best in the lot.
Well, you don’t need to worry about that as we have already sorted a few laptops that have a smart configuration and are voted best as per the customer feedback. As per our research, we have listed a few points that you must consider before buying Best laptop for coding.
Make sure to read the below-mentioned points well so that you can find good laptop for programming.
- 1What OS system should I be looking for in a best laptop for software development and programming? Microsoft and Mac OS laptops have been ruling the software market currently. However, Microsoft has been a strong part of the popular culture for almost two decades and all for the right reasons, because it supports most of the programming languages. Macbooks too, have gained popularity in the last 3 years and they have certainly surpassed Microsoft in terms of enhanced UI. However, the uncompromising expense of the Macbooks has made a certain section of the programmers to discard it and prefer Microsoft or Linux over them.However, to get in to detail, it makes sense to opt for MacOS if you are a full-time dedicated iOS and Apple developer. This is because Objective C and Swift demands requirement of Xcode. Right now, it is only available for Mac. Apple certainly has no plans to release it on other operating systems.Other than Mac OS and Microsoft, Linux has also made its mark in the market. They have been a highly reliable for Python, Ruby on Rails and PHP developers because of their flawless operation on Linux.So, based on your requirements you must decide. One thing is certain that Apple developers must opt for Mac OS.
- 2What kind of processor must I look for in a best laptop for game development? Right from our childhood days we have been taught that CPU is the brain of the computer. Well, that is completely true and today the brain has evolved completely to a point where computers can perform extremely complex function with complete ease.The most relevant processor in the market is Intel i5 for all the programmers. If you are into android development then it is most difficult to find best laptop for the same. We suggest you should opt for Intel i7 processor because these are the best laptop for android development.If you have shoe-string budget then it is perfectly fine for you to opt for Intel i3 processor. However, they are at the risk of getting obsolete in the coming years. Hence, it is safe to buy laptops like Intel i5 as it promises to stay relevant in the future as well.
- 3What RAM should my laptop have so I can perform programming at ease? Ideally, the more RAM you have, the more programs you will be able to run simultaneously. However, to be on the safer side it is best to see that the RAM on laptop is sufficient enough to run the local servers, compilers, code editor and a web browser simultaneously. For basic programming jobs, an 8GB RAM is a perfect choice.But then, this too is highly subjective. If you are into performing high-end programming functions such as game development, audio mixing, animation and editing then we recommend best laptop for software engineering students is between 12 or 16 GB of RAM.
- 4What is perfect for my laptop: a Hard Drive or a Solid State Drive? The basic difference between HD and SSD is that HD is comparatively slower than SSD. So, with that logic, for programmers, it is better to opt for SSD because it significantly reduces the booting time and also helps reloading your previous projects thereby making it a completely smooth process.Most of the laptops in the market provide 1TB of HD storage however they lack operational speed. On the other hand SSD will give you maximum storage up to 256GB or 512GB.So, this is a choice that we leave up to you. Is it the time over more storage space or the storage capability over the time lagging?
- 5Is a dedicated graphic card a prerequisite for the best laptops for software developers? This again comes down to what kind of programming you are into. Ideally, it is not a mandatory component, as the integrated graphics are more than enough to run most of the programs on the laptop.However, if you are into high-end game development, visual designing and animation, then graphic memory of up to 2GB is essential.These are some of the primary elements that a programmer must look for in a laptop. Apart from this, it is crucial for a programmer to check other components as well. For instance, it is essential to see if the programmer is comfortable in using the keyboard controls or s/he might require other controls.Moreover, a special consideration must be paid on the display features, as the programmer will be spending prolonged period of time in front of the laptop. Hence, it is important that the display has in-built features to reduce the eye strains (like anti-glare display). Lastly, the light weight feature, an elegant design and a good battery performance are few of the factors that would make a laptop fit for choosing over others. Research well before you decide to buy a best laptop for machine learning, as this would be your companion, friend and guide for a couple of years to come!