Looking for the Best Air Cooler in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry for the past few years.
“Beat the heat with smooth, uninterrupted and chilled airflow of an air cooler”
The great Indian summer is here and you must be already reeling under the extreme heat.
Summers in India can be very stifling as the temperature soars to 47-48 degree Celsius sometimes.
In such weather conditions, an air cooler becomes an utmost necessity if you don't own a air conditioner.
You must have started looking for the an air cooler to add-up into the collection of your office or home appliances that can provide the optimum performances within the limit of your allotted budget.
Great, come along with us as we have curated a list of best air cooler for home available in the market, just for you.
For detailed information about best air cooler review and which is best air cooler, we recommend you going through our buyer's guide at the bottom of the article as it can be really beneficial for you in selecting the no 1 air cooler in India.
Now, buying an air cooler is not as easy task as it seems. There are certain things that should be considered before making the purchase.
Most importantly, an air cooler must provide you an efficient cooling so that you can deal with extreme heat conditions.
Selecting the best coolers in India among the plethora of options is challenging and thus, we are here with a list of top best 10 air coolers in India.
We Highly recommend you to read the Air Coolers Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest air coolers technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Air Cooler in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is Usha Atomaria 9 Litre Personal Cooler but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
1. Usha Atomaria 9 Litre Personal Cooler
With a star rating of 4.4 out of 5 and 9 Liter tank capacity, Usha Atomaria is one of the most preferred and best cooler in India.
With a compact size and awesome cooling capacity, it chills an area of 110 square feet within 15 minutes.
This is one of the best air cooler for home & has a power consumption of 75 W, with 1 year of manufacturer warranty.
Usha Atomaria has a dust filter which prevents dust from entering into the cooler.
The user can easily control the cooling power of the product as it gives 3 speed choices; low, medium, and high setting.
This is the best air cooler under 5000, available in the market.
- One of the most chilling cooler in very nominal size and of personal use
- Suits best for office use or for a small room
- Electricity consumption of only 75 Watt is very trifling
- Works perfectly on the inverter
- Its water level indicator shows the optimum water required, avoiding the wastage and safeguarding the motor.
- Water spills out when filled with a mug as the inlet is small.
Related Post: Top 10 Best Air Purifier in India
2. Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Ltrs Room Air Cooler
Cool your room easily in the sweltering heat with Bajaj PX 97 Torque. It comes with a powerful motor that cools an entire room quickly.
The large 36 liters water tank of one of the best Bajaj air coolers makes sure that you fill it, shut it and forget it without the need to refill it again and again.
The technology used makes sure the room cools evenly which is why it is recommend as the best air cooler in India.
Best cooler for home use & made out of thermoplastic material which offers respite from regular coolers which are corrosion-prone and the material is durable as well.
Great design and does not consume much space. A good product for rooms and offices.
It also comes with an ice tray to store ice cubes for producing extra chilly air.
It is also called as a silent cooler because it doesn't make any noise.
The air coolers uses Chill Trap technology that makes cooling super-fast, as it traps the cool air in the air cooler and performs silently.
- Silent product
- No leakage and spillage of water
- Can function on Inverter
- Powerful air delivery of 1800 cubic meters per hour
- Throws air up till 30-feet
- Chill trap technology and four-way air deflection
- Automatic louvers
- Quality of plastic is not impressive
- Water is not evenly distributed on cooling pads
- No remote control
- Dust filters are absent
- Water level indicator is not visible from a distance
3. Symphony Hicool i 31L Air Cooler
The Symphony coolers is a brilliant cooling gadget. With its intelligent and effective cooling, the gadget cools down the room in minutes.
This is one of the best coolers in India & has the high storing capacity of 31 liters, a guarantee that it won’t run out of water soon.
The Hicool has a 3-speed controller, a sleep time along with remote support and mosquito and dust repellent net and multi directional wheels.
It works well on an inverter and delivers 1,750 cubic meters of air in an hour.
To top all of this the device also accompanies a superb ice chamber.
This is an air cooler with humidity control.
The Symphony cooler Hicool 185W uses Dura-pump innovation for solid water supply to the pads thus making it one of the no.1 air cooler in india.
- Consumes less power and can run on inverter also
- Inbuilt remote dock and high-efficiency honeycomb pad
- 9-hour continuous cooling
- Powerful air with auto swing and ice chamber
- Humidity control
- Empty water tank alarm
- Design is not very impressive
- Fails to cover a large area
4. Symphony Cloud 15L Air Cooler (Wall Mount)
With a star rating of 4.0 out of 5 and a tank capacity of 15 Litres, a Symphony Air Coolers can be wall mounted to save space.
With an electricity consumption of 255 Watt, it is ideal for a room size up to 200 square feet.
This best cooler in India comes with a guarantee of 1 year. The body and fan has been manufactured using best quality plastic.
The air throw capacity is 20 feet. The product is offered with a remote control. It has 3 speed controls settings, of low, medium and high.
- Wall mount product ensures that space consumption is optimized
- It has a dust filter that traps the dust and evades its entry inside the cooler
- Empty tank alarm buzzes out when it goes out of the water
- Auto fill and Mosquito net are two additional features which makes the cooler preferable above others
- Cooling is up to the standard of air conditioner especially when cross ventilation is there.
- Absence of ice chamber in the product
- No direct connection of water into the air cooler
- Little noisy
5. Cello Tower 15L Air Cooler
The Cello Tower cooler has received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 have a tank capacity of 15 litres.
It is best suited in a premise with an area of 160 sq.ft.and consumes 180 W energy with 230 Voltage.
With its residential nature, powerful blower and turbo cooling system.
One can enjoy the chills of air conditioner utmost when cross ventilation is there.
It is a user-friendly product with sleek digital display.
- It is a big tower size international cooler with modish styling
- It has an effective honeycomb cooling pads on both the sides of the cooler
- It has a water inlet both from the top and back side
- It has powerful air throw capacity up to 35 feet along with 3 speed controller of different levels
- It has an ice chamber in it that makes cooling more effective in lesser time.
- It works effectively on inverter without causing any harm to its batter
- Manual operation sans remote control.
6. Cello Gem 22L Personal Air Cooler
It stands out in the pool of rest of the products because it has a whopping 4.3 rating out of 5. The tank capacity of the product is 22 Liters.
With its powerful auto swing and air throw capacity, it chills the room to give you a soothing sensation.
Additionally, an improved honeycomb in three sides of the cooler along with the turbo cooling system is an added advantage.
The product is suitable for both residential and commercial spaces because it has 11 inches powerful blades.
The product resembles international quality and style. Moreover, the product comes with a warranty of 1 year.
Hence, this air cooler can be considered as one of the best air cooler under 6000.
- Can be easily ported anywhere due to its 4 castor wheels
- Inspite of its tank and cooling capacity, it consumes very less power i.e. 150 Watt only
- It can run on inverter with efficient speed
- Water inlet is present both at the top and back side.
- No remote control
7. Usha Honeywell CL 30XC 25-Litre Air Cooler
This mini air cooler has a star rating of 3.4 out of 5 and a tank capacity of 25 litres.
Usha Honeywell air cooler suffices your daily comfort this summer.
It's contemporary design and cooling capacity has enhanced its popularity worldwide.
Its honeycomb cooling pad and powerful motor cools down an area of 15 square meters.
Unlike other air coolers it has 4 speed controller (low, medium, high and sleep), so that one can adjust, as per the requirement.
- It has a fully functional remote control that supports 5-8 hours off timer
- It has a powerful air flow of 900m3/hr
- Its ice loading chamber assists in extra cooling in a very short span of time
- Its carbon/dust filter evades dust to enter inside the body of the cooler
- It has a user friendly control panel which makes operation simple
- Detachable water tank feature assist in the maintenance and easy cleaning
- It does not have a low water alarm to alert you with in advance, however, water pump stop working once the standard level of water goes down.
8. Symphony Sense 31L Air Cooler
With a star rating of 4.5 out of 5 and a tank capacity of 31 Liters, Symphony Sense air cooler is ideal for a room size of 175 square feet.
With an advanced in-built technology, it’s the world’s first sense-control cooler.
It works on a single wave of your hand without any manual or remote control. Symphony Sense consumes 185 Watts of power.
Additionally, it also has a highly efficient honeycomb pad and automatic vertical swing that will shiver you with chills in an antagonist summer climate.
- It has an empty water tank alarm that alerts you in advance with the low level of water
- It is compatible with the inverter
- Water in it lasts for a maximum of 8 hours when the tank is full
- Along with the sense control, it also has a remote control mechanism too.
- Energy consumption is 900 W which is higher than the rest of the products.
9. Maharaja Whiteline Arrow Deluxe CO-125 50L
This mini air cooler has bagged a rating of 4 Star out of 5 and is definitely a great buy for both office and residence.
The product has a capacity of 50 Liters which makes it one of the best air cooler in India. It consume 200 Watts of Power.
Its powerful blower and 4 ways air deflection propel cools the air in every corner of the room and make your summer more pleasurable.
Its high air delivery up to 200 meter cube/hr and heavy air throw up to 35 feet, adds in its cooling capacity.
- Wood wool absorbs high amount of water and hence cooling is awesome
- The back panel is covered with a mosquito net, preventing bugs and mites from entering inside the cooler.
- Rust proof ABS body, protects it from corrosion and makes cleaning easy.
- No remote control
10. Bajaj MD 2020 54 Litres Room Air Cooler
With a star rating of 4.3 Star out of 5 and a tank capacity of 54 Litres.
Bajaj MD2020 air cooler is suitable for 400 square feet room. It comes with a warranty of 1 year.
Its 3 side wood wool cooling along with easily removable pads ensure effective cooling along with easy cleaning.
One can also enjoy the variable speeds of low, medium and high variance with 3 way speed controller in this cooler.
- 4 way air deflections chills you in every corner of the room
- 4 castor wheels make mobility easy
- It requires optimum power consumption of 230 Watts and 230 volts
- It is compatible with the inverter
- It does not have any ice chamber
11. Crompton Ozone 75L Desert Air Cooler
With a star rating of 4.2 out of 5 and a tank capacity of 75 liters a Crompton Air cooler is ideal for room size of 550 square feet.
It holds a very high air delivery area of 46000 meters cube/hr and air throw up to 52 feet along with honey honeycomb cooling pads in 3 sides of the body.
This highly progressive feature gives an ultra-cooling sensation in every corner of the room.
Also, 3 speed settings varying from low, medium, high allows the user to set the speed according to his/her need.
It has a separate ice chamber and motorized louvers that gives an improved cooling performance making it one of the best desert cooler in India.
- As per a heavy tank capacity of 75 litres it consumes very less power i.e. 190 Watt
- Easily movable due to its wheels
- It gives an uninterrupted air cooling even with its connectivity with the inverter
- Water level indicator shows the optimum water level of the water its overflow and reduced level too
- No remote control
Related Post: Top 10 Best Double Door Refrigerator in India
12. Crompton Marvel PAC201 20L Evaporative
With the Crompton Greaves PAC 201 air cooler, you can bid a goodbye to the discomfort of heat, dust, and grime.
This one is my recommendation for best room cooler and easily fits this list of top 10 air coolers in India.
The sleek design makes it ideal for a small area and can be best served as a personal cooler.
Technically, the product is high on air throw, ease speed control, and 4-way deflection mechanism.
It has plastic castor wheels which allow easy movement.
Its motorized louvers and water level indicator make its use even more convenient which can be considered as the reason, why it is one of the best Crompton air cooler especially the best cooler for home use.
The Crompton Greaves PAC 201 comes with an efficient cooling mechanism to give you that extra chill.
The 20 Litre water tank is perfectly suited for small bedrooms and office cubicles.
It has an impressive coverage of 150 Sq.ft and throws air up till 20 ft.
To further intensify the cooling effect it has an ice chamber and can deliver 1250 cubic meters of air per hour.
- Powerful air throw
- High-efficiency honeycomb pads and ABS fan
- Automatic louvers which shut when cooler is non-operational
- Powerful blower and inbuilt remote
- Size is small
- Customer service is not impressive
- Water leakage as one of the reported problems.
13. Symphony Ice Cube 6.5/8.5 kg 105 Watts Air Cooler
Symphony is one of the most trusted brands in providing the best air coolers in India. It has a powerful cooling system.
The Dura-pump technology ensures that water distribution is even on all sides of the Aspen pads. The water level indicator is available with an overflow hole.
It has a water tank capacity of 17 Litres.
This Symphony air cooler has an impressive coverage area of 125 Sq. Ft. with a powerful air throws distance of 30 ft.
This is one of the most affordable coolers and can be considered as one of the best cooler in India under 10000.
- It has a powerful fan
- Does not consume much electricity
- Fan Diameter is 11 inches
- It can run on Inverter
- It has a mosquito net
- Dust filter
- No even distribution of air
- Noisy product
14. Kenstar Cyclone 12 Air Cooler
The brand is associated with manufacturing air coolers and ACs. The modern designing of the product steals the show.
Kenstar air cooler products is ideal for hot, dry, and humid weather as performance is not affected by seasons.
As per the specifications, the cooler has a capacity of cooling an area of 75 square meters, which is significantly a higher proportion that can easily cover your room.
Overall the cooler cools the room uniformly and faster and comes with an affordable price.
Kenstar Cyclone 12 air cooler has a water tank capacity of 12 Litres.
- Covers large area
- Cools the room within minutes
- Water Level Indicator
- Honeycomb / Wood wool (optional) Cooling Medium
Comes with a Remote
- Noisy product
- Movement is difficult
15. Symphony Jumbo 51L Air Cooler
No product can beat Symphony Jumbo in terms of coverage. The product can cover a large area and cools it within minutes.
The water tank comes with a large capacity is 51 litres. . It is suitable for both offices and homes.
The quality of symphony air cooler blower is superior and the powerful air throw delivers 4000 cubic meters an hour.
It can be ideally placed in large areas living room and consume optimum energy only.
It is a reliable brand and quite popular among the masses.
It is affordable and thus has been able to capture a major chunk of requirement in the market.
- Dura-pump technology
- Large pad area for superior cooling
- Powerful 18-inch fan
- Compact size
- Low noise
- Large water capacity
- Intelligent cooling
- Can run on inverter
- Really energy efficient
- Swing option is unavailable even though the button is available on the remote
- Spills water from the vents
- Quality is substandard
16. Bajaj Gracier DC2016 67L Air Cooler
This one is a great choice with a 67-liter tank limit that can give expansive, energizing, cool air all day long.
This is the best cooler in India which covers 800 square feet cooling area and throws air up till 90 feet.
The body is made of thermoplastic, which makes your air cooler, lighter and has better exhaustion properties which give it better endurance.
It is a portable product and is mobile due to castor wheels.
- Cooling Media – Wood Wool
- Water Tank Capacity 67 L
- Cooling Coverage Area 800 sq ft
- Air Delivery 5800 cubic metre and 4-way air deflection
- Humidifier, Ice Box Enhancer
- Overflow Indicator
- Weight 20.05 kg
- It is manufactured using engineering thermoplastic which is corrosion-free and highly durable
- Noisy product
- 3 Liters tank
17. Bajaj Icon 2015 43 L Room Cooler
The brand needs no introduction. Perfect product for dry and hot weather.
Bajaj air cooler has a unique iconic design and style with optional shading and a huge belly of 40 litres, which guarantees longer cooling.
It has effective air delivery of 4000 cubic meters per hour and large cooling limit of 600 square feet and can throw air up to 50 feet.
You can easily move the air cooler from one place to another with the help of mountable castors wheel.
- Powerful air throw up to 50 feet
- Can cover a large area
- Multiple inlets of water
- Castor wheels
- Wool wood pads
- Manufactured using engineered thermoplastic which is corrosion free
- Little expensive
18. Symphony Diet 50i 50L air cooler with remote
Symphony diet 50i air cooler is one of the best air cooler in India with advanced intelligence.
It has an attractive slim body suitable for any sized room or decor.
It has big 50-liter water tank with empty tank alarm function.
Also, this air cooler throws air of 1,000 cubic meters, effectively cooling up the room in minutes.
Symphony air coolers has mountable multi-directional wheels for easy maneuvering.
The list of many features at an affordable price makes it one of the most reliable coolers.
Diet 50i air cooler comes with digital control, panel and a remote control and it even has an ice chamber.
It has a restore function and an alarm to alert on an empty water tank. It also has smart Dura pump in this model and operates on just 175 watts.
- Compact in size
- Produces less noise
- Good water storing capacity
- Intelligent cooling
- Runs on Inverter Power
- Consume less power
- Can be mounted as Windows AC
- No ice chamber
- It is a challenge to fill water
- Power cord is short
19. Voltas VI D45MW 120 Watt 45L Air Cooler
The Voltas VI D45MW cooler has the larger water tank capacity of 45 L.
This Voltas Air Cooler has an airflow rate of 2300 CFM (Cubic feet per meter) and an airflow of 2300 cubic meter per hour to give the best cooling.
Besides, the cooler comes with wood wool pads for instant cooling that offer superior and dependable cooling and operates silently.
The auto swing feature makes sure that the air doesn’t flow in a single direction but is spread evenly in the room.
It can also be supported by inverters for an uninterrupted cooling and consumes 120 Watts of energy.
- Air flow is very good and it’s a big cooler
- Tank capacity of 45 litres
- Powerful fan of 14-inch diameter
- Poor quality
Buyer's Guide - Best Air Cooler in India (Buying Guide)
What is an air cooler?
An air cooler is an electronic device which is empowered to reduce the heat and replace it with cool environs. The fan blades of an air cooler should have the potential to make the area cool. Other helpful features which make the product effective are pads and water tank.
How does an Air Cooler work?
An Air cooler uses an evaporation technique for cooling air and thus gains the name of evaporation cooler. An air cooler has two components, a fan and a water pump which plays important roles in the entire cooling process.
A water pump circulates water inside the cooler, making absorptive pads wet, when dry, hot air from room comes in contact with these water absorptive wet pads, it turns into vapor which consecutively causes cooling effect.
The Fans then blows out this cool air out of the cooler, which then lowers down the temperature of entire room. It employs enthalpy of the vaporization, where the hotness of the air is dropped out by transition between liquid to water vapour.
Types of Air Cooler
Electricity consumption of Air Cooler as compared with the Air Conditioner
Electricity consumption by an Air conditioner is very high as compared to that of Air cooler. An air cooler consumes nearly 1/5th of the electricity consumed by an a/c of any air conditioner brand. Thus, if a 1.5 ton AC consumes 1.2-1.5 units in an hour, air cooler consumes 0.2-0.3 units in an hour.
Difference between Personal Cooler, Desert Cooler, and Tower Cooler
There are significant differences between personal air coolers and desert air coolers however tower air coolers differ majorly only in their stylish design, less space consumption and high price as compared to that of other two coolers. So, the note worthies are as follows –
Difference between Air Coolers and Air Conditioners
Best Air cooler Brand in India
There are many brands of air coolers in India, but very few are market leaders on the basis of specifications they provide, below mentioned are the following –
Best Air Coolers in India Under Various Price Categories
Between Rs. 1000- Rs. 5000
On the basis of customer satisfaction the most preferred among these is Usha Atomaria 9 Litre Personal Cooler.
Between Rs. 5,000- Rs. 10,000
On the basis of customer satisfaction, cooling and tank capacity the most preferred among these is Bajaj MD 2020 54 Litres room air cooler.
Between Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 15,000
On the basis of customer satisfaction, cooling and tank capacity the most preferred among these is Crompton ozone 75 Litres desert air cooler.
Best Air Cooler in India According To Your Room Size
According to the room size following air coolers are ought to be the best –
Air Cooler Tank Capacity
Cooling Pads For Air Cooler In India
#1: Aspenwood Wool Cooling Pads
These are made up of wood shavings synthetic fibre, which looks like grass. Its maintenance is high and durability is less. Its price is very economical and efficiency is very less.
#2: Honeycomb Cooling Pads
These are made up of cellulose, which looks like honeycomb. Its maintenance is less and durability is high. It has very high efficiency but is expensive in turn.
Things to be Considered While Buying the no.1 air cooler in india.
Effectiveness of Cooler in Various Temperatures
As an air cooler works on the evaporation technique, it works best when the air is completely dry and there is very less humidity in the atmosphere. Also, if the humidity is higher, the air will cooled less comparatively. Although, an air cooler with humidity control function is also available in the market.
Therefore, if the outside temperature is 32.2 Celsius and humidity level is 30%, then the air can be cooled up to 23.3 Celsius.
Tips for Better Working of Air Coolers